– A ten-bell salute was held in honour of Mal Mason.
– Zak Knight declared a new era for the WAW Academy, asking Drew Marshall, The Staff, and TJ to join him in the ring as the reigning champions of the Academy. Marshall stated his desire to defend the WAW Academy Championship in the night’s main event.
– WAW Academy Coach Jason Cross introduced a new concept to the WAW Academy – wrestlers would be divided under the tutelage of himself as the Green Squad and Head Coach Zak Knight as the Blue Squad. Cross then revealed that his first signing was WAW Under-23 champion Dillon Slade.
– Ricky Knight interrupted his son Zak to reveal that he wanted his own team, Red Squad. The Rowdy Man said it was he who trained Zak, his sister, and even their mother to wrestle. Drew Marshall pledged himself to the Red Squad immediately only to be confronted by Ryan Richards. Richards accused Marshall of being a fake champion before challenging Mr. Hayward to an immediate match for his #1 contendership to the WAW Academy title. Zak Knight protested that there was an order to the way matches were made but his father overruled him and authorised the match.
1. Ryan Richards defeated Mr. Hayward w/Sir Ryan Matthews by countout to become #1 contender for the WAW Academy Championship. Matthews accidentally struck Hayward with his championship belt during the match.
2. The Rangers [Marvel Marcus & Brandon Innes] defeated The Battlekats [Battlekat Eli & Battlekat SL] by pinfall when Innes pinned Eli.
– MC Briony Thompson asked the Rangers what’s next for them. Brandon Innes said that he is looking forward to a bright future and that his deep friendship with Marcus would propel them to further success as a tag team. Marvel Marcus seemed more interested in calling out Villman for the WAW World Light Heavyweight Championship. Brandon tried to ask Marcus “but what about us?” as the duo left the ring but his question was drowned out by their music.
– Ricky Knight stopped the Battlekats as they returned backstage. He told them they needed more than just flashy moves and shiny tights to succeed as a team. He offered them a position in the Red Squad to learn from an old school veteran. The Battlekats looked to each other and accepted, following their new mentor backstage.
– Scott Gray questioned why he, a former WAW Academy Champion and A Grader was facing Jason the Warrior, an Ungraded Academy student. Gray told Jason that he would try not to hurt him too much.
3. Scott Gray defeated Jason the Warrior by pinfall when he used the ropes for leverage.
– MC Briony Thompson asked Angel for her thoughts on the upcoming match. Angel stated that she didn’t want to fight her daughter Princess, who would be on the opposing tag team.
4. Trai-cie & Princess defeated TJ & Angel by pinfall when Princess pinned TJ.
– Angel apologised to TJ but stated that she had already said she wouldn’t fight her daughter. She also expressed her desire to help Princess win the Bellatrix Academy Championship. Princess didn’t seem to impressed by her mother’s words, flicking her hair in Angel’s face and walking off.
– Zak Knight revealed that the winner of the next match would become the first member of Blue Squad. He then introduced each of the four Academy students who would compete for the prize
5. Steve Sharrocks defeated Joseph Bell, Rip Parker and Scott Clark when he pinned Parker.
– Zak Knight congratulated Steve Sharrocks on his victory and rewarded him with a blue shirt. He added he was impressed by another match participant and offered Joseph Bell a spot in Blue Squad. Bell accepted and joined Zak and Sharrocks as they left ringside.
6. Big J Johnson defeated Steven Willett by pinfall.
– MC Briony Thompson asked Steven Willett for his thoughts on the match. Willett responded that he didn’t know why Big J Johnson had taken the match so seriously.
– A video played showing Freyja Nyx filming Nocturne. Freyja asked Nocturne to explain his thoughts on losing the WAW Academy Tag Team Championship. In the process, we learned that The Mummy is no longer around and that Nocturne considered Freyja to be his tag team partner. He then stated his desire to capture the WAW Academy Championship so that everyone coming through the Academy, or seeking to reach the Elite roster, would have to go through him.
– Ricky Knight paraded the Battlekats out in their new Red Squad colours. Zak Knight and the Blue Squad confronted them, leading to an argument about which squad would prove more successful. Zak pointed out the major coverage WAW has received in the last few years, including the BBC documentary Step Into The Ring, which highlighted his successes as a trainer. Ricky countered that there would be no WAW Academy without him, and that every single success story was thanks to his management of WAW over the past 27 years.
7. Ryan Richards defeated Drew Marshall (c) by pinfall to win the WAW Academy Championship.
– Drew Marshall tried to apologise to Ricky Knight for losing the WAW Academy title. Ricky turned his back on Drew and started walking away, only for Drew to reach out and grab Ricky’s shoulder. Ricky responded by turning back and slapping Drew, before returning backstage. Marshall followed as he continued pleading for forgiveness.